Tuesday 17 July 2012

You need to EARN your divorce… Respect your promise.




I don’t feel it anymore, I don’t want to fight for us and I just want out”- probably the most scary words you can ever hear in a relationship also the most cowardly.
People in relationships get in to this nasty habit of devaluing what they have right innfront of them, and starting to want what they don’t or better yet what someone else has..
If you don’t have an “open” relationship, then you don’t get to window shop.
Which brings me to my point..
I am big on promises…and marriage is a big one.
The one thing I have always said to myself is..that..if ever the day has to come and I do make a promise,  especially  with one that has such a long a time frame…
I need to stick to it, and if I don’t stick to it, I need a hell of a good reason why I couldn’t…
Now we all know that marriage isn’t for the faint hearted and on top of that it is a big promise, BIG...never mind the amount of maintenance it needs
So i want to talk to you today about earning your divorce… if you may currently be separated, or paradise is on the rocks…this one is for you.
Honestly…I get frustrated cause… these days I see that it’s just toooooooooooooooooooo easy to give up and not do the work.
DAMIT THE WORK IS DESERVED IF YOU ASK ME!
things happen in relationships, resentment grows, fidelity gets tested, romance gets tested..routine threatens romance and love has its  valleys and peaks.
but until the day you have done everything in your power to earn that split, I don’t want to hear it.
Until the day you have tried
·         truly communicating and,
·         Having the awkward conversation.
·          Had counselling,(yes counseling…professional perspective is needed if you your partners face is a trigger to make you run amok)
·         put your ego aside and put the health of the relationship first..
·          Tried rediscovering each other, (like having date nights and the lot)
Your asses just doesn’t get to walk out on your promise to each other;
 you don’t get to just wake up one day after months of thought and decide to tell my ass, that you just don’t feel it anymore and that you want out… you don’t get to waste my time like that, and you don’t get to treat me like that.
When we were courting  and your world revolved around me..,.
going to the moon and back for me.....well that  wasn’t effort at all,
 now I ask you spend time with me, work on us, find each other again  and suddenly you have better things to do …
OH PLEEEEASSSE!!!!!
That’s a luxury you don’t get to have,
I get that you can’t climb into a boxing ring and fight for someone who doesn’t want to fight for you, I get that.
But do I accept it…HELLS TO THE NO!
You worked your but off to marry me,
  • you wooed  ,
  • showered and courted  me
  •  made promises and we build castles in sky …
  • you went down on one knee , put yourself out there,
  • asked me parents , got their blessing etc
 and so I think
 I deserve the common decency, in the regard that we need to fight for it, and we need to earn it.
You need to earn your divorce, weather you want to admit it to yourself or not,
you made a promise of until death do us part, through sickness and health, well dear
our relationship is currently sick..so STICK TO YOUR PROMISE.
The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, and if its not meant to e …its up to us.
If we have exhausted all avenues, by all means leave… we then deserve to allow each other happiness …
.but until that day…you ain’t getting my signature on that paper.
Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment