Wednesday 4 April 2012

                                   You Cannot See Your Reflection in Running Water....

I was standing in Cape Town Airport, when a young gentleman walked up to me, and asked me "Can i wash your hands" with a pondering stare and  a little bit of shock i asked why? 

He then ushered me to a display with a marble round basin, showed me his products and started to wash my  hands, "what is your name i asked?", "Daniel .".....he replayed firmly.

 Daniel i asked, do you always walk up to people and ask them to wash there hands?

No, he said, but i moved here from the Ukraine, i used to teach tai chi and i could see that you could not see your reflection...

breathe he says, as he continues to wash my  hands and tell me about his products- i inhale........ and as i wonder off , and stare at the people around me, listen to the buzz of passengers checking in and scurrying  around Daniel says -

 "We cannot see our reflection in running water" 

We go on to chat about how people are like robots, always on the go, never stopping to smell the flowers and never really engaging with there inner selves...

 A sample of the lotion and  an hour later i find myself buckled in and ready for take off, and then it hits me.

"How are we to truly, know our boundaries and live them? truly live of a base of  authenticity...? if  we are constantly running water? always on the go, always in some  sort of flow never really standing still.


I then reached the following decisions:
  • We cannot be drivers of the self if  we don't sit still, reflect and be honest with ourselves.
  • living mindfully  is something to inspire to daily, - hear my thoughts good and bad, eradicate the negative talk and replace it with positive talk, hear how i really feel, check in with my values , know my boundaries make my choices and F the rest.
  • Take time to sit still, reflect and embrace nothingness
  • Dont allow other people to steal your quite time, be selfish
  • Do what is best for you at all times, run the rat race , but pace the day.
  • Its to easy to run through the day, push others agendas and not our own,
  • its to easy to sacrifice for the bigger picture.
  • Its to easy to put ourselves last
  • And there is absolutely no point to rush what is important ( ourselves, health and lives)
But  mostly, be open even to strangers as you never know what journey they could take you on..

Your thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment