Friday 15 June 2012

Guest Blogger- THE ART OF BEING SINGLE....Fabulous and loving it

     

As I look up continuosly at the hand of the clock, moving...... ticking away until the time to go home finally draws near.
I clear my desk, grab my handbag and off I am for my Friday evening prep.
Excitement consumes me , as I ponder, thinking ..........what to wear?
 Do I pin up my hair?, or leave them down?
Do I rock my LBD, ?  or keep it simple and floral,? ..............either way, I will have to look good for my date!

Getting home, its the aroma of bath salts and sexy music simmering in the background................. that relaxes me., as incense fills the air, and my body soaks up the warmth of a soothing bath heightening every sensation.
With my eyes closed, I sip on my favorite glass of pinotage to get me in the mood, my thoughts starting to wonder, about the endless possibilities the night holds,...... beautiful bugs fluttering in my tummy.
 I am both nervous and excited, but sure of one thing, you can never go wrong with a fabulous pair of heels, too boost your confidence and make you ooze sex appeal ....glam goddess for the night.  That’s me!
Giving you, just that right height, to look both lean and sexy, but not to intimidate.

As the time matures to a little before seven, just when panick was about to totally ruin the night for me, I glance at the glittering light of the Jeff Campbells I am about to wear for the first time.
I must be insane to take such a huge risk, of wearing a shoe on my first date, one that I haven't yet worn, one that definitely, I am sure, will require a lot of concentration.
I should go easy on the wine, if I want tonight to be a success, I think to myself. Smiling, I get back to the most important thing in my room, my mirror.
Plucking, smudging, defining and perfecting my canvass, as I apply the lipgloss I bought today, the one with a lovely shade of pink so the focus can be on me, and just enough shimmer to go out and sparkle.
The last minutes I ease into, a stroke of genius, or maybe just pure luck I believe, as I reach into the cupboard to take out the sultry red dress I wore a while ago to a friends wedding reception, yes, the one that had heads turning and tongues wagging.
 Hints of perfume, in exactly the right spots, thinking, cosmo is surely a girls bestfriend.
Exactly fifteen minutes before my time runs up, just before I was about to leave I look back at my reflection in the mirror and think to myself
 if only people out there knew.............. how rewarding it is to take time out for just you and give yourself a break—
simply just enjoy the essence of you, while on a date with yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment