Friday 7 September 2012

Life lesson Series cont- The Lesson of Power.

Our real power is not derived from our positions in life, careers or a hefty bank account, instead it is the expression of that authenticity inside of us, or strength , grace and integrity”- Elizabeth Kebler Ross





I have been facing a lot of situations lately targeted at my personal power and strength, to my surprise these various situations were actually slowing taking a toll on me and my lifestyle as well as my self worth..
I was sitting on my couch watching the nature channel, when the presenter mentioned how amazed he was at the power of a seed, turning itself into a flower, regardless of its surrounding or natures elements..exerting herself on it… And just like a flash of lightening it hit me..
 My power is don’t determined by exterior or material artifacts, my power is within…
I was born with my power it is innate.
Needless to say it got my chest all puffed out again and my head starting inflating.  Phew..
So….As I sat there chanting it over and over- “my power is within me” repeat, it dawned on me that as we run the hamster wheel, this notion is tooo damn easy to forget…
I soon realized that titles and labels can easily influence others behaviours and in the same vein their behaviours can impact our personal power.
Think about it,
A man goes from A boyfriend to A husband, his thunder the impression that he now has more power, same off course for women,
They suddenly see it fit, to demand more change from their partners, to start nit picking at behaviours partners had before htey met them, for their habits to change … they start using this “perceived power “ to instill change"  , Knit pick  ,hurt, or breakdown their loved ones…
Needless to say, that we all have innate personal power, and how we use this power is of utmost importance,
StielttoRamblers out their  I cannot reiterate it enough when I say ,
that it is not your right to use any power you may have over someone – whether it be the power of love, friendship , sex or money to control, hurt or knitpick at anyone
You are not their parents, you are not their teachers, and you have chosen to walk a path with them within a mutually respect being the crux of that partnership
Please get over yourselves, power is not yours to control,  power is not to be used to anyone.
Your power is innate, and if you want to use it, then use it to empower.
Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment